Canada's Condominium Magazine
The Building and Land Development Association (BILD) announced the finalists for this year’s BILD Awards and as usual they provide a good representation of the many exciting residential building projects underway in Toronto, and the great architects, interior designers, planners, landscape designers, marketing and sales people who work very hard to make them happen.
In addition to a number of “Best of” awards given to builders and industry personalities for their contribution to the homebuilding industry over the entire year, awards are given in two broad categories: high rise and low rise. Within these two categories, a project can be nominated in a number of design and marketing categories.
One of the most prestigious awards BILD gives is Green Builder of the Year. That award has been won by Tridel five times already in the high-rise division, most recently last year. Tridel is nominated once again for this award honouring builders for their commitment to environmentally sustainable building design and performance.
The nominees for Green Builder of the Year, High Rise, this year are
- Liberty Development
- Times Group
Possibly the most high-profile project ever undertaken by Tridel is nominated for several of the top BILD awards, including Project of the Year.
Ten York, the stunning skyscraper condo at York and Harbour Streets on the waterfront, is the result of a collaborative effort by many talented people. After an extended process of community consultations with members of the public and city council, the building’s original design was changed significantly. Tridel’s openness to the constructive criticism of members of the public who live in the neighbourhood where the building will stand, and that of city councilors, is rewarded in Ten York’s being nominated for this prestigious award.
The complete list of nominees for Project of the Year, High Rise
- Ten York, Tridel: Rudy Wallman Architects, Janet Rosenberg + Studio, Aareas Interactive, The Brand Factory, Brandon Communications
- 88 Scott, Concert Real Estate Corporation: Page + Steele / IBI Group Architects, Corban + Goode Union 31, Provident Energy Management, Bousfields
- INDX Condos, Lifetime Developments and CentreCourt Developments: Page + Steele / IBI Group Architects, Blackjet Inc., Brandon Communications, Cecconi Simone
- 181 Davenport, Mizrahi Developments: Page + Steele / IBI Group Architects
- Massey Tower, MOD Developments: Cecconi Simone, Hariri Pontarini, L.A. Inc.
Ten York received nominations in several other categories as well, including the equally prestigious Best High-Rise Building Design.
The nominees for Best High-Rise Building Design are
- Ten York, Tridel: Rudy Wallman Architects, Janet Rosenberg + Studio, Aareas Interactive, The Brand Factory
- 88 Scott, Concert Real Estate Corporation: Page + Steele / IBI Group Architects
- Karma Condos, Lifetime Developments and CentreCourt Developments: Architects Alliance
- Massey Tower, MOD Developments: Hariri Pontarini
- 109OZ, Reserve Properties: RAW Architects
Still in the design area, Ten York’s Suite 3A is nominated for Best Suite Design, 750–1,500 square feet category.
The sales team at Ten York, Candyce Charles and Chilli Yung, are nominated for Best Salesperson or Team. Winston Chan is also nominated in the category Best Sales Manager.
Social media are increasingly important in marketing, and Tridel has made good use of new media. Ten York is nominated for Best Social Media Campaign.
Other Tridel properties are also nominated for BILD Awards, which will be handed out on April 26. Another suite design, this one at the Ventus development in Scarborough, is nominated. “Ventus 107” is nominated for Best Model Suite.
Finally, Tridel and Beaux Properties’ exciting development at Yonge and Eglinton, 101 Erskine, is nominated for Best Project Signage.
Nominees for the top BILD award, Home Builder of the Year, have not yet been released.