Canada's Condominium Magazine
IMPORTANT: No advice is offered on this website, in our emailed ezines or any articles of this publication. PLEASE ALWAYS REFER TO AN EXPERT before acting on any information contained in any of our stories.
If you disagree with any part of these terms and conditions, please do not use this Website. All terms herein apply to all contributors, users, members, visitors, readers, Condo.ca, Persona Corp., any affiliated or related companies, employees, partners, contributors, heirs and assigns.
The Website is directed to those individuals and entities located in jurisdictions where the content of the Website and/or the method and/or manner of collection, use and disclosure of personal information (including the means and process of obtaining necessary consents), all as may be made available and/or as may be applicable from time to time, is in accordance with local laws or regulations. It is not directed to any person or entity in any jurisdiction where (by reason of nationality, residence, citizenship or otherwise) the publication or availability of the Website and its content, including products and services, are unavailable and/or are otherwise contrary to local laws or regulations and/or the method and/or manner of collection, use and disclosure of personal information (including the means and process of obtaining necessary consents), all as may be made available and/or as may be applicable from time to time, are otherwise contrary to local laws or regulations. If this applies to you, you are not authorized to access or use any of the information on this Website. Those who choose to access this Website from locations outside Canada do so at their own risk and are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws.
Copyright © 2006-14, Condo.ca except as otherwise indicated. All rights reserved.
Note:Some photos of real people may be models used to illustrate the editorial concept.
Stories featured on the Website also appear on various newswire services and are picked up in other publications. Editors, reporters and journalists break or report stories on this Website and their sources and source information are protected by the doctrine of free press as expressed in the First Amendment, Reporters Privilege statutes, and also the doctrine of freedom of expression under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms.
BLOGS AND COMMENTS FROM CITIZEN JOURNALISTS AND ALL USERS: We invite dialogue and comments from our readers and limit moderation to obscenity and privacy issues, however WE ACCEPT NO RESPONSIBILITY WHATSOEVER FOR THIS CONTENT. We believe in the doctrine of FREE SPEECH AND FREEDOM OF EXPRESSION. COMMENTS AND MOST STORIES ARE FROM OUTSIDE CONTRIBUTORS AND READERS AND NOT A REFLECTION OF THE OPINIONS OF CONDO.CA, OR ANY OF ITS AFFILIATED OR RELATED COMPANIES, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES OR SHAREHOLDERS.
The opinions expressed by the writers, columnists and reporters reflected in the online content on this Website are their opinions and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of this Website, its writers and staff, Condo.ca or Persona Corp., or affiliated or related companies This Website and its contents are provided in good faith without any representations or warranties of any kind with respect to the Website or its contents.
We disclaim any representations and warranties, whether express or implied, with respect to the Website or its contents. In addition and without limitation, we do not represent or warrant that the information accessible via this Website or the products or services advertised, sold or given free on it are accurate, complete or current.. Any reference herein to products, services and publications do not imply the endorsement or approval of such products, services or publications. By using/visiting this Website you agree that use of any information herein is at your own risk.
Fair Use/Fair Dealing
A good faith effort has been made to comply with US and Canadian copyright law. This does not mean that all material on this Website is free of copyright, but that the fair use or fair dealing doctrine of Copyright Law has been adhered to. Any copyright material used here is used exclusively for news reporting, comment, criticism, and education and used in limited amounts in comparison to the published source. In the case of member and user blogs, posts and contributions and in the case of third party advertising, neither Condo.ca nor Persona Corp. are responsible in any way for such content, but will remove copyrighted material if a claim of copyright is substantiated (see Copyrighted Material)
PLEASE BEAR IN MIND FAIR USE AND FAIR DEALING DOCTRINE, and the right to excerpt for further news reporting, comment, discussion, education or criticism. However, if you believe that your copyright in any material has been infringed at this site or any of our users, members, commenters, citizen journalists, editors or journalists, bloggers on this Website, please contact us at the email: editor AT condo.ca or use our contact form>>
You will need to provide the following information for action to be taken:
1. Specifically identify copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed. 2. Identify the specific content on this Website that you claim is infringing, with the DIRECT POST URL of the document (not the generic site URL). 3. Your address, telephone number, and e-mail address. 4. A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
5. A statement by you declaring under penalty of perjury that (a) the above information in your Notice is accurate, and (b) that you are the owner of the copyright interest involved or that you are authorized to act on behalf of that owner; and 6. Your physical or electronic signature. Upon receipt of the above information, Zines Online may temporarily remove the allegedly infringing material from the site until the situation can be resolved.
We do not use, nor do we condone the use of unsolicited bulk email/commercial electronic messages. Our email system is an opt-in only and is in compliance with Canadas Anti-Spam Law. Please report any incidents of unsolicited email coming from or mentioning our domain to editor AT condo.ca or use our contact form. All matters will be investigated and dealt with promptly.
The term Condo.ca or us or we refers to the owner of the Website. The term you refers to the user or viewer of the Website.
Your use of any information or materials on this Website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information advertised or otherwise referred to in this Website meet your specific requirements.
This Website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
Unauthorized use of this Website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offense.
From time to time, this Website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s) or any products or services featured, available or otherwise referred to therein. We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
Your use of this Website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of Ontario, Canada.
The information contained in this Website is for general information purposes only. While we endeavor to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the Website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this Website. In no event will Condo.ca, affiliated or related companies, Persona Corp. and/or any of their respective directors, officers, shareholders, employees or agents, nor any advertisers, sponsors or client companies, be liable for any damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, damages resulting from lost profits, loss of prospective economic advantage, lost data or business interruption) arising out of the use, inability to use, or the results of use of the Website, any websites linked to the Website, or the content contained on any or all such websites, whether based on warranty, contract, tort or any other legal theory and whether or not advised of the possibility of such damages, nor for any claim by another party/or parties. Through this Website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of Condo.ca. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them. Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, Condo.ca takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
Links to other websites
The Website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave the Website, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by the privacy statements contained herein. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
This Privacy Statement has been adopted by Condo.ca
For the purposes of this Statement, “personal information” means information that is personally identifiable to individuals. “Non-identifiable information” means information that cannot be associated with or traced back to specific individuals with any certainty.
Subscribers to the email subscription services provided through the Website provide non-identifiable information when opting-in to such services. This information is collected by the third party subscription manager . Such third party subscription manager is contractually bound to not use or disclose such information other than for the purposes of such email subscription service and to comply with applicable privacy laws.
Minimal amounts of personal information is collected from individuals when submitting comments or articles for posting on the Website. Such personal information may include contact information (for example, name, mailing address, e-mail address and telephone number), demographic information, household information and preference information. Such personal information is used solely for the purposes of managing the Website and to communicate with individuals in connection with their submissions. We do not sell, rent or trade personal information and we will not knowingly disclose personal information to any third parties except in the following circumstances:
- When we have received consent to do so or under limited circumstances specifically described at such time as personal information is collected;
- When we, in good faith, believe the law permits or requires such disclosure;
- To our agents in order to process data and to service subscribers. These third parties and their respective employees are only provided with such personal information as is necessary to perform the services for which they have been contracted and are restricted from using the personal information for any other purpose other than as described above.
- In the event of the sale of the assets of Condo.ca, personal information may be one of the transferred business assets.
At such time as personal information is no longer required for the purposes stated in this Privacy Statement or other statutory requirements, such personal information will be made anonymous or destroyed.
We may also collect and use non-Identifiable Information to assess the effectiveness of website content and traffic. This allows us to improve the quality of visits to the Website. Aggregate non-identifiable information may be used to perform statistical analyses of the collective characteristics and behavior of individuals, and to measure demographics and interests.
We may also use aggregate non-identifiable information we collect to inform current and prospective sponsors and advertisers about the number of visits to the Website, the demographic characteristics of these visitors and the number of times visitors have viewed and “clicked” on their advertisement(s). We may also disclose to advertisers the overall demographics available regarding visitors who “clicked” on their advertisement. In any of these circumstances, only non-identifiable information in an aggregate form and not personal information is disclosed.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyze data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
The Website may contain links to the websites of third parties. This Statement does not extend to the data collection, disclosure, use and retention practices of third parties and we do not assume any responsibility for the privacy practices, policies or actions of such third parties. Individuals should read the privacy policies of such third parties, and make an informed decision whether or not to visit such web sites and/or provide personal information to such third parties based upon their privacy practices and individual discretion.
We have taken measures to protect the security and confidentiality of personal information as are appropriate in the circumstances. Please remember that any information transmitted via the Internet may be intercepted by third parties. We do not assume any liability for interception, alteration or misuse of information transmitted over the Internet.
Individuals have the right to access, verify and correct or amend all of their personal information collected by Condo.ca. To access verify and correct or amend personal information, please send an email to us at editor AT Condo.ca or use our contact form, or call at 416-661-9290 extension #1280.
To file a complaint concerning the collection, use and/or disclosure of personal information, please send an email to us at editor AT Condo.ca or use , or call at 416-661-9290 extension #1280. All complaints will be investigated by our Privacy Officer as soon as is practical in the circumstances. Individuals will be notified of the outcome of the investigation of complaints clearly and promptly and will be notified of any relevant steps taken or to be taken as a result of a complaint.
This Statement has been adopted by Condo.ca as of July, 2014. Revisions to the Statement will be posted on the Website as soon as practical.
Any action or dispute arising from the use of information on this site will be deemed to have been undertaken and concluded in Toronto, Canada and will be interpreted, construed and enforced in all respects in accordance with the laws of Ontario, Canada and all parties thereto shall submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Ontario courts. A visitor agrees that the applicable law to be applied shall, in all cases, be that of the city of the web site owner, namely, Toronto, Canada.
Website usage terms and conditions
If any provision of the Terms shall be unlawful, void or unenforceable for any reason, then any such provision shall be deemed severable to the extent that it is unlawful, void or unenforceable, but shall not affect the validity or enforceability of the remaining provisions.
Condo.ca, Tridel®, Tridel Built For Life® and Tridel Built Green®, and associated trademarks are registered or unregistered trademarks of Tridel Corporation. Used under license. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
User Postings and Contributions
The following additional Terms apply to any postings or other contributions you make to this Website.
You agree that you will not post, email or make available any content or use this Website:
- In a manner that infringes, violates or misappropriates any third partys intellectual property rights or other proprietary rights or contractual rights;
- in a manner that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- to engage in spamming, chain letters, pyramid schemes, advertisement of illegal or controlled products or services, or other advertising or marketing activities that violate these Terms of Service, any applicable laws, regulations or generally-accepted advertising industry guidelines;
in a manner that is misleading, deceptive or fraudulent or otherwise illegal or promotes illegal activities, including engaging in phishing or otherwise obtaining financial or other personal information in a misleading manner or for fraudulent or misleading purposes;
in a manner that is libelous or defamatory, or in a way that is otherwise threatening, abusive, violent, harassing, malicious or harmful to any person or entity, or invasive of anothers privacy;
- in a manner that is harmful to minors in any way;
- in a manner that is hateful or discriminatory based on race, color, sex, religion, nationality, ethnic or national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation or age or is otherwise objectionable;
to impersonate any other person, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity, or to obtain access to this Website without authorization;
- to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of this Website or prevent others from using this Website, or in a manner that disrupts the normal flow of dialogue with an excessive number of messages (flooding attack) to this Website, or that otherwise negatively affects other persons ability to use this Website;
- to use any manual or automated means, including agents, robots, scripts, or spiders, to access or manage any users account or to monitor or copy this Website or the content contained therein;
- to facilitate the unlawful distribution of copyrighted content;
- in a manner that includes personal or identifying information about another person without that persons explicit consent;
- in a manner that employs misleading email or IP addresses, or forged headers or otherwise manipulated identifiers in order to disguise the origin of content transmitted through this Website or to users; and
- in a manner that constitutes or contains any form of advertising or solicitation if emailed to users who have requested not to be contacted about other services, products or commercial interests.
Additionally, you agree not to:
- Stalk or otherwise harass anyone;
- Collect, use or disclose data, including personal information, about other users without their consent or for unlawful purposes or in violation of applicable law or regulations;
- Request, solicit or otherwise obtain access to usernames, passwords or other authentication credentials from any member of this Website or to proxy authentication credentials for any member of this Website for the purposes of automating logins to this Website;
- Post any content containing child pornography to this Website;
- Post any content that depicts or contains rape, extreme violence, murder, bestiality, incest, or other similar content;
- Post any content that constitutes pornography, contains nudity, or is adult in nature.
- Use automated means, including spiders, robots, crawlers, data mining tools, or the like to download data from this Website except for Internet search engines (e.g. Google) and non-commercial public archives (e.g. archive.org) that comply with our robots.txt file, or well-behaved web services/RSS/Atom clients. We reserve the right to define what we mean by well-behaved;
- Post irrelevant content, repeatedly post the same or similar content or otherwise impose an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the Websites infrastructure;
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to our computer systems or engage in any activity that disrupts, diminishes the quality of, interferes with the performance of, or impairs the functionality of, this Website;
- Use this Website as a generic file hosting service;
- Take any action that may undermine the feedback or ratings systems (such as displaying, importing or exporting feedback information off of this Website or for using it for purposes unrelated to this Website); and
- Develop, invoke, or utilize any code to disrupt, diminish the quality of, interfere with the performance of, or impair the functionality of this Website.
You agree not to authorize or encourage any third party to use this Website to facilitate any of the foregoing prohibited conduct. Technology and hosting for aspects of this Website are provided by Persona Corp. Persona Corp. also manages the content, membership and policy of this Website, including those pages served by such service provider on behalf of this Website. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary, by participating on this Website you agree to indemnify and hold harmless such service provider and Condo.ca on all matters related to your interaction with others using this Network and participation with this Website.
You are solely responsible for your conduct and your content on the Website and compliance with these terms. By using or browsing this Website, you acknowledge that you have read, understood, and agree to be bound by these Terms.
Errors and Omissions Excepted.